Volunteer needs for competitions are similar to football games, except:
• we provide snack bags to students for the ride home (thus we need donated snacks*, small bags, and help with assembly)
• the kids usually have practice at school in the morning, at which time we need a few extra parents for pre-travel prep (water/drinks/snack bag assembly)
• when practice is over, we can use quite a few extra hands to help load equipment & props (even if you aren’t traveling with the band)
• we may need an extra driver, or two, to help haul equipment to the show site
• because of the size of our band, our performance is generally toward the end of the night, so if you are a parent with other commitments during the day, you might still be able to meet up with us and help push a prop on/off the field for competition
• the biggest difference in a competition performance via a half-time show is that we have a LIMITED amount of time to get on the field, perform, and get off the field, or risk losing points. THIS IS WHY WE NEED ALL THE EXTRA HANDS AVAILABLE AT COMPETITIONS.
Competition #2 -
Competition #3 -
*Snack Bags: Individual wrapped items such as snack crackers, fruit snacks, pretzels, peanuts, chips, suckers! Please don’t send STRAWBERRY FLAVORED ITEMS OR CHOCOLATE DUE TO ALLERGIES AND MELTING!